Wednesday, 26 December 2012

Studio Ghibili Jewelry

They're playing Princess Mononoke on Spanish TV so I'm currently watching that right now. Which reminds me of the bracelet I made my friend for Christmas: It was a studio Ghibili themed bracelet with little charms representing five of Miyazaki's films. It has Calcifer form Howl's Moving castle, No Face from Spirited Away, Ponyo, mini Totoro from My Neighbour Totoro and Princess Mononoke's mask. Here is the bracelet I made (I was really tempted to keep it for myself)



Each of the little charms are a different character/object from Miyazaki's movies. Ponyo:

Princess Mononoke's mask

No face

Calcifer

Medium Totoro

I put a lot of time and effort into that and I felt sad giving it to someone else. Chloe really did seem to like it as she was internally screaming so I guess that compensated for it. But I did make myself some other Ghibili jewelry to comfort myself hehe >.<

Princess Mononoke's mask as a necklace pendent

This necklace is of Totoro and the leaf he uses to shelter himself from the rain

Soot sprite earrings I've already shown in previous posts

I'm maybe thinking about starting a little Etsy shop selling the spare stuff I make as I highly doubt I'll be wearing the unreasonable amount of jewelry I make! I'm not sure would any of you buy these sort of things? If so maybe leave a comment so I can see whether I should do it or not:) x

2 comments:

  1. what are the charms made out of?
    i fell in love with this <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah...I want this no face brac. so bad :( 💜

    ReplyDelete